Pull down screen
- Locate the cubby/locker labeled "microphones & slide advancer" near the Cafe
- Find the metal extendable pole with a hook on one end
- Extend the pole and use it to gently pull down the screen
Power on projector
Use the Panasonic projector remote control in the cubby to power on the projector (top-right button on remote)
To use the microphone or computer audio over the built-in speakers:
There are three microphones available: two handheld microphones and one headset.
You can use the blue handheld microphone and either one of the black microphones at any one time. Do not use the black handheld microphone and headset at the same time.
- Open the audio/video cubby
- There is a round white switch on the inside of the door. Push "ON" (please turn OFF when finished)
- Take a microphone and turn it on using the power button on centered on the sideYou may need to hold the button for one second to turn it on and off
Be sure to turn the microphone off when you are finished
- The microphone should be audible over the built-in ceiling speakers. If it is not, try pushing the white ON button again.
Use the Zoom controller in the cubby to start or join a meeting
Share your screen
When joining the Zoom meeting from your computer DO NOT CONNECT TO AUDIO or there will be loud feedback. Share your screen as you normally would with Zoom. Be sure to check the "Share Sound" box in the bottom left corner of the share window.
Using the presenter's webcam
To use your computer's webcam with the Zoom meeting:
On your computer:
- Click the "Start Video" button in the bottom-left corner of the Zoom window
- If needed, change the active webcam using the up arrow next to the "Start/Stop Video icon"
On the Zoom Controller:
By default, Zoom shows the video of the active speaker. Since the audio is coming from the Zoom Room and the video from the presenter's computer, you should use the spotlight feature to show the presenter's webcam regardless of who is speaking:
- Tap Manage Participants
- Tap on the participant who'se camera you want to use (typically the presenter's computer)
- Tap Spotlight Video
The iMac on the podium can be used for presentations. The email client is configured with firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email your presentation to that email address and retreive it on the computer. You can also use a USB drive or AirDrop to transfer.
Audio not coming out of speakers
Speakers are not loud enough
When I turn on the microphone, there is no green light
If the microphone does not turn on after holding the power button for 2 seconds, you may need to change the batteries. The Shure handheld microphone and body back use AA batteries.
Additional microphone troubleshooting can be found at sure.com
Projector does not turn on